Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Real Life: Third time's a charm

What do you get when you add JTL, my car, and manual headlights? The answer to that, my friend, is a dead battery. Long story short, I let JTL drive my car so she didn't have to wait for me to get out of class to take her home. Needless to say, when I finally got back to my car the lights had been on ever since she parked it, and of course the battery was oh so dead. We got out the jumper cables, pulled her car next to mine, and worked our mechanic magic. However, as I started my car, the alarm began sounding. The only way I could get it off was to turn my car off, therefore not leaving it running long enough to recharge the battery. Sooooo we had to jump it a second time. This time we avoided the alarm and drove to the restaurant where we were headed in the first place. After a great meal, we headed back out to the car. You may think that after you jump a car and drive it somewhere that it is suddenly charged again. That is NOT real life. Let's just say what IS real life is that the time it takes to get from JTL's apartment to Harry's is not long enough for a car battery to charge. So yes, it was dead again. Luckily, JTL's brother was working, and we got to use his car to jump it... a third time. Hopefully all the driving around we did afterwards was long enough for it to charge considering I have to work tomorrow. Real Life: I jumped my car three times in one night.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you two had a rough night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is a nice touch

    ReplyDelete